Background and Context
RBS and CSC have partnered to develop a centre of excellence for software development in Bulgaria. Teams in the development centre located in Sofia and Varna will work with RBS colleagues in London, India and New York to deliver critical technology programmes and projects that support RBS’s strategic goals. The main areas of project work will involve systems and functions for the Capital Markets business within RBS Corporate and Institutional Bank. This includes applications that support risk functions as well as front office and core trading applications for securities and derivatives products.
The critical skills required to support the delivery of these projects include core Java, C#, C++, Hadoop, Spark, Large Scale Data Management and Analytics, Business and Technical Analysis, Team Leadership and Project Management. Candidates will work with an international team and will operate effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. The number of professionals working on development projects in the Bulgaria centre of excellence will be in excess of 100. In return we offer a market leading compensation and benefits package, a unique opportunity to work with leading edge technology in a collaborative multinational team enabling business capabilities that are critical to the functioning of global financial markets.
About CSC: CSC leads clients on their digital transformation journey, providing innovative next-generation technology solutions and services that leverage deep industry expertise, global scale, technology independence and an extensive partner community. Our people help commercial and international public sector clients solve their toughest challenges by modernizing their business processes, applications and infrastructure with next-generation technology solutions.
About RBS: The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc (also known as RBS Group) is a British banking and insurance holding company. The group operates a wide variety of banking brands offering personal and business banking, private banking, insurance and corporate finance and serves over 24 million customers in the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East, the Americas and Asia.
RBS Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) (https://cib.rbs.com/) provides financing and risk management to core corporate and global financial institution customers, and trades with financial institutions investors and counterparties for distribution and market making.
Role and Team Summary:
The team is working on projects to deliver strategic Risk and Finance capabilities that meet RBS’s long term strategic objectives. The responsibilities include:
- Owning the test function with a hands on, rigorous approach that demonstrates they are passionate about quality and about learning
- Managing the identification, analysis and documentation of defects and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens, and content; ensures defects are corrected in a timely manner.
- Developing trend analysis on key full life cycle development processes and quality indicators to meet business needs
- Ensuring systems and processes meet total quality management and industry standards and are aligned with company strategic goals, including pushing back on the business and other technical teams, when they believe these are of a lower standard than they should be
- Managing the trial and qualification of new applications, equipment, and processes against pre-defined quality standards to ensure appropriate applications are used for business processes.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers; analysing customer concerns and issues and addressing those appropriately and promptly.
- Performing functional testing
Highly skilled and proven team member will work closely with business stakeholders, developers, external teams and work stream owners, leveraging qualitative analysis skills within a self-directed and self-organizing team to deliver high quality, robust technical solutions in a controlled, transparent and actively risk managed fashion ensuring delivery to schedule and tight governance throughout.
Essential Skills: (Must have skills)
- Usual experience required: 5+ years of quality analyst experience in a professional environment (Applicants with less experience are also welcome to apply)
- Unix Basics/ Shell scripting
- Experience in SQL commands including JOIN
- Experience in Server Side/Backend testing
- Basic knowledge of core Java
- Experience in Test Management and Bug Tracking Tool (Like Zypher, JIRA)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development cycle
- Experience with ownership of project deliverables
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent knowledge of the testing lifecycle
- Ability and confidence to face off to senior business stakeholders
Supplementary Experience: (Useful additional skills)
Experience working on Investment Domain projects such as Rates/FX or Risk
Experience in Automation Test Suite writing via Java Programming
Experience with Performance testing tools (like JMeter or any others)
Experience in Server Side Automation Tools( Like Fitnesse/Selenium Web Driver
- Delivery/solution orientated individual, self-motivated and strong team player
- Passion for learning and continuous self-improvement
- Excellent attention to detail coupled with good energy levels
- Team player who can balance individual objectives with those of the team
- Strong communicator who will use both verbal and written communication
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills