Background and Context
RBS and CSC have partnered to develop a centre of excellence for software development in Bulgaria. Teams in the development centre located in Sofia and Varna will work with RBS colleagues in London, India and New York to deliver critical technology programmes and projects that support RBS’s strategic goals. The main areas of project work will involve systems and functions for the Capital Markets business within RBS Corporate and Institutional Bank. This includes applications that support risk functions as well as front office and core trading applications for securities and derivatives products.
The critical skills required to support the delivery of these projects include core Java, C#, C++, Hadoop, Spark, Large Scale Data Management and Analytics, Business and Technical Analysis, Team Leadership and Project Management. Candidates will work with an international team and will operate effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. The number of professionals working on development projects in the Bulgaria centre of excellence will be in excess of 100. In return we offer a market leading compensation and benefits package, a unique opportunity to work with leading edge technology in a collaborative multinational team enabling business capabilities that are critical to the functioning of global financial markets.
About CSC: CSC leads clients on their digital transformation journey, providing innovative next-generation technology solutions and services that leverage deep industry expertise, global scale, technology independence and an extensive partner community. Our people help commercial and international public sector clients solve their toughest challenges by modernizing their business processes, applications and infrastructure with next-generation technology solutions.
About RBS: The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc (also known as RBS Group) is a British banking and insurance holding company. The group operates a wide variety of banking brands offering personal and business banking, private banking, insurance and corporate finance and serves over 24 million customers in the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East, the Americas and Asia.
RBS Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) (https://cib.rbs.com/) provides financing and risk management to core corporate and global financial institution customers, and trades with financial institutions investors and counterparties for distribution and market making.
Role and Team Summary:
Role is for a technically sound UAT and Pre production support analyst who is responsible for managing 10+ Foundry UAT and pre- production environments. The daily tasks include writing automation scripts using unix shell scripts/python, responding to functional queries related to the application, managing data requests, deployments on UAT environments and assisting with application specific configuration changes in UAT environments. The role would also be responsible for effective communication to all concerned stakeholders of UAT environments, and working closely with UAT support team members in London and India
Key responsibilities include:
- Automating of manual environment management activities using shell scripting/python or basic core java (nice to have but not mandatory).
- Monitoring the health of UAT environments, and effective stakeholder communication and reporting
- Understanding the application estate, upstream/downstream interfaces and managing related configuration changes in UAT
- Handling data requests and scheduling of daily tasks using autosys or a similar tool
- Automate monitoring of application health in UAT and pre prod environments
Essential Skills: (Must have skills)
- Hands-on Unix Shell scripting experience > 4 years (Applicants with less experience are also welcome to apply)
- Hands on Oracle database experience > 2 years
- Excellent problem solving & trouble shooting skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a globally distributed team
- Experience working in global product teams.
- Understanding of basic scheduling tools like autosys & continuous integration
Supplementary Experience: (Useful additional skills)
- Exposure to any proactive application and infrastructure monitoring tools
- Experience working on financial systems with exposure to Front Office, Finance and/or Market Risk business processes
- Basic understanding of Hadoop ecosystem
- Basic understanding of core java
- Delivery/solution orientated individual, self-motivated and strong team player
- Passion for learning and continuous self-improvement
- Excellent attention to detail coupled with good energy levels
- Team player who can balance individual objectives with those of the team
- Strong communicator who will use both verbal and written communication
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills